Northern Cape Golf Union Selection Criteria 2018 Teams
THE SELECTORS CAN SELECT TWO WILDCARDS FOR ANY NORTHERN CAPE GOLF TEAM IF THE NEED OCCURS
- The wildcard player must be affiliated at a club within the Northern Cape golf union to be liable for selection.
- A player is new in the Northern Cape from another province with a good track record and participating in example IPT, Countries etc. but have not play in all the OOMS of the NCGU.
- A top player of the NCGU that had and injury and couldn’t play in all the OOM’S to qualify.
- A top player that couldn’t play in enough OOM’S because of work responsibilities. (Proof from employer).
- The Selectors will nominate a player or players for selection and then vote. Majority votes by selectors will determine the selection.
ORDER OF MERIT
The Order of merit system is based on merit points earned per round played, as per merit points system. Bonus points are earned on top ten positions in a final result.
If a player submits a NR in a tournament then none of his rounds in this tournament will be taken in to consideration for the 10 best scores for the OOM.
If SAGA does change dates of tournaments then the 10 best scores of the last 12 months will be taken in consideration from the order of merit as per date of announcing the team.
Tournaments outside the NCGU order of merit: Only the best 3 rounds will be taken in consideration in any Provincial Open on the SAGA fixture list as well as all Qualifying events for the SA Amateur, SA Stroke play and SA Open host by the SAGA. This will ensure that tournaments played outside the NCGU Tournaments will not dominate the NCGU Order of merit.
The Northern Cape Golf Union is hosting the following Tournaments.
- OVERALL ORDER OF MERIT TOURNAMENTS , BONUS POINT STATUS
Karoo Open, Magersfontein Open, van Druten Open, Northern Cape Championships, The Northern Cape Open.
– Northern Cape Senior Open, Karoo Senior Open, Karoo Open, Magersfontein Open, Van Druten Open, Northern Cape Championship and The Northern Cape Open (Senior OOM only)
- JUNIOR TOURNAMENTS . Northern Cape Junior Open, Magersfontein Junior Open , Sishen Junior Open , Upington Junior Open. ( Junior OOM only )
- U/11 and U13 Teams – Best 5 scores on order of merit out of the Junior Tournaments set out above for Juniors
- U/15 – U 19 Junior teams will be selected by order of merit points in all Northern Cape Golf Union Junior Tournaments, as well as the 4 main NCGU Open Tournaments.
- Only the best 3 Merit points of any SAGA , Freestate Junior Tournaments or SA Boys Tournaments will count as Tournaments outside the NCGU Tournaments.
- BEST 9 MERIT POINTS of all Tournaments will count for the selection of teams by the date set out by the Executive by the end of the OOM Tournaments.
- The SA Boys U/15 , 17 , 19 will be on OOM available by the entry date of each event.
- Because the date of the Junior U/19 IPT is in December it will always stay an option if the executive committee feel it is necessary to invite the top players on the OOM for a final tournament nearer the time to improve on the best 9 points after the OOM Tournaments was completed earlier in a year. The Juniors will have a separate OOM apart from the Northern Cape Overall Order of merit.
Country District Team / Mid Amateur Team
- Best 10 merit points and all bonus points earned in the NCGU OOM Tournaments set out above. Only the best 3 merit points will count, played in any other SAGA Provincial Open Tournament outside the NCGU Tournaments.
- Mid Amateur team will be selected out of the NCGU OOM as set out above with the only difference the player must be 30 years of age or older, on the tee ( date of the Mid Am IPT ) Tournament.
NOTE : Because of the Mid Amateur IPT much later in the year after the NCGU OOM Tournaments will be completed it will stay an option of the Executive committee if necessary to invite the top players for a final Tournament nearer the time after the OOM Tournaments was completed to improve on the top 8 points.
Senior and Super Senior Teams
- Best 8 merit points on the order of merit played in the tournaments mentioned above. Only the best 3 scores played in any SAGA Provincial Open or Provincial Senior Opens will count as part of the best 8 merit points. The seniors will have a separate OOM and merit points earned in SAGA Senior Opens will not count for the Overall Northern Cape Order of merit but only for the Senior OOM. Seniors are allowed to use carts in the Tournaments but if a senior player commit to play for the Mid Am team or Country District team he will not be allowed to use a cart and if, he will disqualify himself to be selected for those teams.
The Northern Cape Golf Union receive 4 exemption entries in the SA AMATEUR Tournament. The top 4 players on the Northern Cape Golf Union overall order of merit of 2017 as well as an added result after the Karoo Open in November will be selected to represent the Northern Cape Golf Union at the SA Amateur Tournament 2018
NKP Tournament ( Noordkaap Platteland )
The NKP Tournament will be the get together tournament for all the players that did not get the opportunity to play in any Northern Cape Union team.
NKP – The four Northern Cape Sub Unions – Diamond, van Druten , Karoo and Namaqualand will play an IPT style foursomes and singles against each other. To keep players active through the winter all Sub Unions are require to play an order of merit in its Sub Union to select these teams. This will give players of the next level a taste of provincial level golf. This is part of the Northern Cape Golf Union’s development of players of the next level.
Players that played in any Northern Cape Provincial team during the year will not qualify for any Sub Union Team, in order to give players of the next level the opportunity to play for his Sub Union.