Northern Cape Golf Union Selection Criteria 2019 Teams
THE SELECTORS CAN SELECT TWO WILDCARDS FOR ANY NORTHERN CAPE GOLF TEAM IF THE NEED OCCURS
- The wildcard player must be affiliated at a club within the Northern Cape Golf Union to be eligible for selection.
- A player is new in the Northern Cape from another province with a good track record and participating in example IPT, Countries etc. but has not played in all the OOM’S of the NCGU.
- A top player of the NCGU that has had an injury and couldn’t play in all the OOM’S to qualify.
- A top player that couldn’t play in enough OOM’S because of work responsibilities. (Proof from employer).
- The Selectors will nominate a player or players for selection and then vote. Majority votes by selectors will determine the selection.
ORDER OF MERIT
The Order of merit system is based on a Gross over par average earned per round played, as per Gross over par Rating system.
If GolfRSA changes dates of tournaments, then the 10 best scores of the last 12 months will be taken in consideration from the order of merit as per date of announcing the team.
NB!! – As decided at the AGM meeting in November 2018, all completed rounds of each of the NCGU order of merit tournaments, will count towards the Order of Merit. A player must start the tournament from the first round.
Tournaments outside the NCGU order of merit:
Only the best 3 rounds will be taken in consideration in any Provincial Open on the Golf RSA fixture list as well as all Qualifying events for the SA Amateur, SA Stroke play and SA Open host by the Golf RSA. This will ensure that tournaments played outside the NCGU Tournaments will not dominate the NCGU Order of merit.
The following tournament are hosted by NCGU.
- OVERALL ORDER OF MERIT TOURNAMENTS
Country Districts team
Karoo Open, Magersfontein Open, Van Druten Open, Northern Cape Championships, The Northern Cape Amateur Open.
Karoo Open, Magersfontein Open, Van Druten Open, Northern Cape Championships, The Northern Cape Amateur Open, Northern Cape Mid-Amateur.
Senior/ Super Senior team
Northern Cape Senior Open, Karoo Senior Open, Karoo Open, Magersfontein Open, Van Druten Open, Northern Cape Championship.
Junior U/11-U/13 teams
Northern Cape Junior Open, Magersfontein Junior Open, Sishen Junior Open, Upington Junior Open.
Northern Cape Junior Open, Magersfontein Junior Open, Sishen Junior Open, Upington Junior Open, Karoo Open, Magersfontein Open, Van Druten Open, Northern Cape Championships, The Northern Cape Amateur Open.
- U/11 and U/13 Teams – Best 5 scores on order of merit out of the Junior Tournaments set out above for Juniors
- U/15 – U/19 Junior teams will be selected by order of merit points in all Northern Cape Golf Union Junior Tournaments, as well as the 5 main NCGU Open Tournaments.
- Only the best 3 Merit points of any SAGA, Freestate Junior Tournaments or SA Boys Tournaments will count as Tournaments outside the NCGU Tournaments.
- BEST 9 MERIT POINTS of all Tournaments will count for the selection of teams by the date set out by the Executive by the end of the OOM Tournaments.
- Because the date of the Junior U/19 IPT is in December it will always stay an option if the executive committee feel it is necessary to invite the top players on the OOM for a final tournament nearer the time to improve on the best 9 points after the OOM Tournaments was completed earlier in a year.
- The Juniors will have a separate OOM apart from the Northern Cape Overall Order of merit.
Country District Team / Mid Amateur Team
- Best 10 merit points earned in the NCGU OOM Tournaments set out above. Only the best 3 merit points played in any other GolfRSA Provincial Open Tournament outside the NCGU Tournaments will count.
- The Mid-Amateur team will be selected out of the NCGU OOM as set out above with the only difference that the player must be 30 years of age or older, on the tee of the Mid Am IPT Tournament’s practise round.
NOTE: Because the Mid-Amateur IPT takes place much later in the year (after the NCGU OOM Tournaments are completed it will stay an option of the Executive committee if necessary, to invite the top players for a final Tournament nearer to the time after the OOM Tournaments have been completed to improve on the top 8 positions.
Senior and Super Senior Teams
- Best 8 (best 6 for 2019) gross averages on the order of merit played in the tournaments mentioned above. Only the best 3 scores played in any SAGA Provincial Open or Provincial Senior Opens will count as part of the best 8 merit points. The seniors will have a separate OOM and merit points earned in GolfRSA Senior Opens will not count for the Overall Northern Cape Order of merit but only for the Senior OOM. Seniors are allowed to use carts in the Tournaments but if a senior player commit to play for the Mid Am team or Country District team, he will not be allowed to use a cart and if he uses a cart, this action will constitute a disqualification.
The Northern Cape Golf Union receives 4 exemption entries in the SA AMATEUR Tournament. The top 4 players on the Northern Cape Golf Union overall order of merit of 2018 as well as an added result after the Karoo Open in November will be selected to represent the Northern Cape Golf Union at the SA Amateur Tournament 2019.
NKP Tournament ( Noordkaap Platteland )
The NKP Tournament will be the get together tournament for all the players that did not get the opportunity to play in any Northern Cape Union team.
NKP – The four Northern Cape Sub Unions – Diamond, Van Druten, Karoo and Namaqualand will play an IPT style foursomes and singles against each other. To keep players active through the winter all Sub Unions are required to play an order of merit in its Sub Union to select these teams. This is an initiative to develop golf to a higher level.
Players that played in any Northern Cape Provincial team during the year will not qualify for any Sub Union Team, in order to give players of the next level the opportunity to play for his Sub Union.